Andy and I have found that we truly love cruising. For us, it is the best way to vacation. We get to see a lot of places at one time. Andy and I always find that we never get bored on a cruise ship. But we have been on enough cruise now to know our cruise must dos. We always do these things for every cruise we go on!
- Wear a swimsuit at check in – When you go to port the morning your ship leaves, remember to put a swimsuit on. At port, they take your bags and deliver them to your room. There is not a specific time that they deliver them so its best to have your swimsuit on so you can catch some sun right away.
- Room location – The higher and in the center the better. Top it off with a splash of balcony. If you are nervous about sea sickness, stay toward the center of the ship and higher up. This is the least rocky part of the ship!
- Make the cruise compass your friend – Royal Caribbean provides a nightly cruise compass every night in your room. It details out the next day and all the activities that are available. Spend 15-20 minutes every night seeing what events interest you so that you can make an effort to attend!
- Sailing into port – Take a morning and get up early enough to watch the ship come into port. It is incredible to watch the ship fit into a small area. We love watching it come in port side or up front but beware, they do blow the horn when coming into port. If you weren’t awake before that point, you will be now!
- Take a few islands and just relax – Instead of doing an excursion on every island. Take one or two of your islands and just explore it. It gives you time to take a moment and breathe along with sitting in a beach chair next to the ocean.
- Attend the shows – every night there is either a comedian, ice skating show or game show that is happening. Attend them!! They are always a great time and bonus points if you participate! We sure did on our honeymoon and let me tell you, I have never held someone’s false teeth before that point…
These are just a few things Andy and I have thought of over the past few years but for now, Bon Voyage.. we are checking out for seven days aboard the Freedom of the Seas!